The Incubation Program by Startup Salzburg
With the incubation program FACTORY, we support innovative and ready-to-launch Salzburg startups every year. Throughout this program, we guide you through twelve months of individual development steps. During this time, both us and your mentors will prepare you for market entry and further growth, giving you exclusive access to collaborations with established businesses. Our new supplementary program, FACTORY+ (AplusB), specifically promotes research, technology, and innovation-based startup projects, offering you specialized additional services. An external jury will determine the participants eligible for FACTORY and the FACTORY+ supplementary program. FACTORY / FACTORY+ combines digital learning and coaching sessions with in-person modules.
The eighth edition of FACTORY / FACTORY+ will commence in the autumn of 2023.
Application period starts on August 24, 2023.
What do FACTORY startups receive?
- Individual guidance from Startup Salzburg coaches
- Essential group and individual training with recognized industry experts: Business Development | Purpose | Legal | Go-to-Market | Pitching | Investment Readiness
- Guidance from specifically selected mentors – experienced managers from established businesses
- Up to €25,000 startup funding from the State of Salzburg
- Access to the Startup Salzburg ecosystem
- Access to free and discounted software and memberships
- Presence in the online and print media of Startup Salzburg partners
What do FACTORY+ (AplusB Program) startups receive?
- Up to €10,000 additional funding from the State of Salzburg
- Up to €2,500 budget for external services / consultants (freely selectable)
- Use of the coworking space at Startup Salzburg
- Access to the mentoring and network pool of AplusB South-West (Carinthia, Tyrol, Vorarlberg, and Salzburg)
- Access to in-depth workshops and individual sessions: Legal | Impact Strategy, Measuring & Investing | Intellectual Property | Investment Readiness
You can apply for FACTORY if you …
- have a startup with a business model based on technology or knowledge-based innovation.
- have a product or service with at least a functional prototype (Proof of Concept) and a basic market strategy (business plan). aspire to clear growth prospects for your (planned) company.
- founded your company within the last five years or are currently in the process of founding it.
- have already formed the management team for your startup.
- have chosen a location for your startup or company in the state of Salzburg.
You can apply for the supplementary program FACTORY+ (AplusB Program) if you …
- pursue a startup project that is research, technology, and innovation-based (FTI).
- pursue a startup project with high growth potential and/or high growth propensity.
FTI-based startup projects are defined by business model / product / service that is based on one or more of the following points, for example:
- Academic training of the team and corresponding academic work(s)
- Research and/or development activities in an academic career
- Intellectual Property, technology transfer, and/or spin-off activities from (non-)university research institutions
- Completed or planned cooperation projects with (non-)university research institutions
Dates for FACTORY / FACTORY+ 2023/24
- Application start: August 24, 2023
- Info Hour: September 6, 2023, 11 AM (online) | register here
- Submission deadline: September 25, 2023, 12 PM
- Selection Days: October 2 and 3, 2023 (City of Salzburg)
- Kick-off: November 10, 2023 (City of Salzburg)
Additional Information and Contact Person
Head of Startup Salzburg
+43 5 7599 722 81
You can also find advice and guidance on submitting your application at our other service points.